August 1, 2007

Newcastle


* update 8.3.07 - replaced photo with scan *

A small, quick, oil painting of a delicious beer. I had an oil paint-filled summer in 2002, but I didn't have the patience for it, so I quickly gave up. Now, 5 years later, I am starting slowly (and small) and will figure things out as I go. It's great fun! Of course, it sort of sucks not being able to scan it right away - this is just a crappy snapshot.

This is the first in a series of beer paintings which will be for sale. This one is not, however - I am trading it for the delicious cupcakes painted by Ms. Sarah Fox. I just got a really cool assignment that will keep me busy up until early next week, so the beer series will continue after that. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll make it happen!

3 comments:

Sarah Fox said...

AHHH! Cat that looks awesome!! I'm so excited, you're doing awesome on the oil painting!! I'm going to send you the cupcake before I leave for vacation for a week...so send me your address. Miss you!!

Katy Abramson said...

mmmmm, i'm thirsty. good work cat, you continue to amaze me.

Brendy Vaughn said...

The way you left some of the orange under painting showing through is really nice. The loose background looks great with the more finished look of the bottle.