November 25, 2009

Vintage Chics + Leaf

Before I head out on my Thanksgiving adventures, I will leave you with a few sketches I did this week, and a few things I am thankful for:
  • Living an easy bus ride or short drive away from my office - I got a taste of some gnarly traffic earlier in the week. 
  • Having a boss who is always sharing his chocolate.
  • The freelance work I have been getting lately - it's challenging but fun and rewarding.
  • Having my dad in California for a week; he spoils me rotten.
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm for its hilarity.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Cheers,

Cat


Grain Edit showed some vintage photos by Tom Palumbo, and I was struck by this girl. 


 
I love Hot Dogs puts up screen shots from old movies. This chic from the 1975 film Maitresse needed some marker love.


I did a brush pen drawing of a leaf, scanned it in, and went nuts in Photoshop experimenting with textures.