May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Now that I'm on this "Make your own cards" kick, that's exactly what I wanted to do for my mother's day card this year. I intended on challenging myself by using paint for my type, but I didn't want the hassle of constructing a big composition, mixing paint colors, yada yada yada.

I grabbed some cheap black paint, a cheap thin paint brush, and my generic sketch book from Michael's and started painting. The end result was pretty close to what I wanted, but I scanned it and used my mad Photoshop skills to clean it up and make it even BETTER. I made each piece ("happy", "Mother's", the tulip, etc) into its own grayscale TIF file and place it in InDesign. By selecting the placed image and applying a swatch to it, I was able to colorize it digitally.

Then I printed, folded, wrote a sappy note, and sent it off to my mama with her mother's day gift: drawings of me and my bro.







Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: