May 17, 2009

Lares & My Biggest Fan


First Date at Lares  |  24" x 30"  |  Acrylic on canvas  |  NFS

My first date with My Biggest Fan, Jason, was at a cute Mexican restaurant in Santa Monica called Lares.  Jason commissioned me to do a painting to commemorate the evening, and this is what I finally ended up with.  This painting went through many "starts" before I finally got into the groove.  Once again, the inspirational speech from Peter Gooch helped me power through the awkward adolescence of the painting.

More cool stuff coming soon: I'm almost finished with another painting for the beer series!  I know, it's about time.

Here are some details from the painting.  Those of you who know Jason will appreciate that I painted his Swoop with such accuracy. 




4 comments:

chr!stopher said...

This is a beautiful piece. I love it. Great work, Cat.

andillustrations said...

Love the new website! Keep up the good work!

Cat Scott said...

Thanks, Chris! It was definitely hard to do a big acrylic painting when I've been working small for so long.

Angela - thanks for the kind words about the site! That was also a hard task. one of these days I'm going to have web design figured out.

kabramson said...

nailed the swoop.