July 7, 2009

Tuesday Coolsday

Cool finds from working the google reader on the internet machine.

Cool package design: Deschutes Beer Bond Street Series I like to drink beer, I like to paint beer, and I like beer packaging. Naturally I was attracted to this beer packaging that uses illustrations by Adam Haynes for the labels. Maybe I should add a beer label design/illustration to my never-ending list of projects? via Lovely Package


Cool environmental design: Dupont Circle Street Banners
The monotone, bright, graphic illustrations work well alone, but also look outstanding in the banner design and as a unit. The architecture one is my favorite. via the website of the designer behind Death by Kerning


Cool skateboard design: Zoo York
If I were into skating, I would want one of these decks. I love the colors, shapes, patterns, handwritten text.... ahhh. It's official; I have another artist crush. via Oh Joy!


Cool designer buddy: Five Dot Design (links to Etsy shop)
Kristen who heads up the shop Five Dot Design was a fellow art major at University of Dayton. In addition to her full time design job, she's been developing lines of stationery and other goodies. Her stuff is really delicate and carefully designed with close attention to typographic details. According to her blog, she's gearing up to go full force into wedding stationery, and I bet it will be outstanding!

No comments: