September 1, 2009

Tuesday Coolsday

Cool finds from working the google reader on the internet machine.

Cool Wedding Invitation: Lauren+Ryan

I am enjoying all the untraditional wedding invitations I have seen floating around the interweb, and this invitation designed by Lauren Panepinto is the cream of the crop. From what I could tell, this couple had a storybook like meeting on a cruise ship, and thus created a literal storybook to share the story with their friends and family and tied in the wedding details seamlessly. It is absolutely charming. I wish I knew her so I could have a copy of the invitation! You really need to see the full spread here on the head vs. heart blog. If you're nosy like me, you can read the intro to their story - I recommend it!

Cool Illustrator: John Manders

I am so glad Drawn! sent me to John Mander's blog. Not only is his work inspiring, exciting, and professional, but he's so kind as to share his process with the internet world. It's educational and inspirational and I find myself delighted when there's a new post from him. Please go see the blog or his online portfolio, and if you're into the RSS feed thing, his blog is well worth a subscription.

The image on the left is from his series of "circus poster" stickers promoting his books about Pete the Poodle and the rest of his circus.

Thanks for reading, 'till next Tuesday!

No comments: